More exchanges and efficiency in sustainable construction projects thanks to digital modelling
The transformation of trades necessary for an ecological and energetic transition, in order to control costs and construct efficient buildings, districts and towns will rely on the availability of tools to design, construct and renovate, whilst incorporating a greater number of criteria (analysis of life cycles, health related societal data, economic data, etc.). With ever increasing constraints and increases in parameters, the optimal solution has to be identified as early as possible. To improve the process, all the disciplines need to be integrated into the project as early as start-up.
The priority for digital modelling, relates transversally to developing collaborative digital tools for design, construction and renovation professionals, in order to accompany the rapid evolution in practices.
The approach combining the material data of components and systems with digital simulation, permits a systemic evaluation of construction. This approach forms the evaluation of the future, more capable of optimising and developing innovations in building materials, renovation and demolition.
The scientific and technical challenges concern the cataloguing of industrial products and systems “in the cloud,” and permitting designers:
- to make choices among directives and to apply them to their projects, via the integration of constructive systems in digital modelling
- to render explicit a multi-physical approach through simulation, with the design and renovation of buildings via numerical modelling
- to guarantee a systemic and multi-disciplinary approach to urban environments by incorporating the various thematics (spatial and temporal evolution, energy consumption, comfort, environment).
The CSTB has as its objective, to define common models and render them interoperable via various software tools, linked to construction projects. It is pursuing three objectives: strengthen the global building approach, secure the integration of data in a project, and facilitate the taking into account of regulations (RT 2012 and RT 2020). For this purpose, CSTB has rendered interoperable some of this software with that of other publishers.
- eveBIM | Free digital viewer for numerical building models
- eveBIM-Elodie | Digital model of the building for ELODIE
- eveBIM-TRNSYS | The bridge between BIM and the Energetic Dynamic Simulation (EDS) in TRNSYS environment