Transportation and building multi-layer acoustic systems performance prediction software.
Latest version: V.3
Suited to building and transportation professionals, this software allows you to calculate the acoustic performance of complex multi-layer structures in your work projects.
- Ergonomic – User friendly interface
- Exhaustive – Highly varied materials database
- High performance – Results comparable with standardised measurements carried out in laboratory
EVALUATE THE ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE OF MATERIALS IN YOUR PROJECT
By selecting the system type
This software is applicable to construction domains (walls, cavity walls, partitions, metal frame partitions, ETICS, floating screed, rockwool systems, tiles with underlay, ceilings, absorbent ceilings, road screens, etc.) And in transport systems (flooring, doors, partitions, sandwich panels).
By selecting the materials
Access a highly varied database (steel, aluminium, concrete, polystyrene, plaster, rockwool, partition frame elements). The materials are classified by type, and grouped into sub-families:
- Fluids – air, water, etc.
- Solid isotropic media – plasterboard, cell foams, metals, concretes, wood, glass, plaster and coatings, equivalent solids.
- Orthotropic solid materials – stiff plate, cavity brick, etc.
- Viscoelastic material – heavy mass, bituminous layers, etc.
- Porous materials (general Biot-Allard model) – mineral wool, wood fibre, bio-sourced materials (hemp, straw, cellulose wadding, etc.).
- Materials with double porosity – absorbent materials with inclusions (cavities or presence of a second type of material);
- Solid perforated materials – perforated sheet, etc.
- Framework components – metal beams, etc.
Instantly access materials by a fast simple search, by family, manufacturer or key words. You also have complete liberty to create new materials !
CREATE A MULTI-LAYER STRUCTURE AND PERFORM CALCULATIONS
Model your multi-layer structure by specifying the input data of the various materials and associated thicknesses. The software is based on the Transfert Matrix Method (TMM) associated with spatula windowing in order to the finished dimensions of the system.
Perform a series of calculations and obtain the acoustic performance indicators such as:
- Acoustic attenuation index R
- Improved attenuation index ΔR, STC
- Acoustic absorbtion coefficient α, NRC and SAA
- Level of shockwave noise Ln, IIC
- Reduction in the level of shockwave noise ΔL
- Rain noise level LiA
- Loss of transmission due to excitation of turbulent boundary layer (Corcos model)
- Unique associated indexes such as Rw(C;Ctr), Ln,w, αw, LiA, according to the corresponding standards
The software display mode permits the simultaneous visualisation and comparison of several simulations, or a comparison of calculation/measurement.
Acousys is effective software for carrying out rapid and complete studies, optimisation and parametric studies.
Did you know?
The results obtained are directly comparable with the measurements carried out by LABE – Laboratoire Européen d’Acoustique du Bâtiment
EVALUATE THE ACOUSTIC ATTENUATION INDEX OF METAL FRAME PARTITIONS WITH THE PARTITION PLUG-IN MODULE
Integrated into the AcouSYS software is the partition Plug-in module it permits evaluation of the acoustic attenuation index of metal frame partitions. For this study, the module takes into account the vibratory short circuits associated with the metal frame elements, by coupling the TMM approach with a Statical Energy Analysis (SEA) developed by CSTB.
Visualising and interpreting with the partition Plug-in:
- 3D visualisation of the multi-layer structure
- Narrow band results, 1/3 octave over the frequency range 20-10000 Hz
- Calculation of unique indexes Rw(C;Ctr), Ln,w, αw, LiA (according to ISO 717-1, ISO 717-2, ISO 11654, ISO 140-18 standards)
- Import of laboratory measurements for a rapid comparison
- Automatic report generation module
- Data export module
- Results export module is directly transferable to ACOUBAT software.
New features in the AcouSYS V3 version:
- Introduction of new systems that can be used once homogenized: stacking of plates, stiffened plates#, cellular brick type hollow elements
- In the database, for known products variations of parameters has been introduced
- Introduction of thick orthotropic materials (homogenisation of hollow elements such as cellular brick)
- Introduction of double porosity materials
- Possibility of having several coats between the surface of the metal frame partition
- North American performance indexes
Acoustic performance predictive software for buildings.
AcouBAT permits, amongst other things, an evaluation of acoustic insulation: in relation to airborne noise, impact noise and equipment noise in buildings. AcouSYS software has a results export module that is directly transferable to AcouBAT software. This complementarity permits evaluation of the acoustic performance of the building in which the AcouSYS optimised component(s) will be implanted.
To learn more about AcouBAT software click here
ACO6 Training course: Optimise the acoustic performance of a multi-layer system with AcouSYS
The objectives of the ACO6 course:
- To rapidly carry out reliable calculations of the acoustic performance of multi-layer systems
- To understand the underlying models of the Transfert Matrix Method (TMM) and others (energy based approach, etc.)
- To master the AcouSYS software
- To determine the validity limits and domains of the calculations obtained
- Awareness raising on the importance of quality input data and the means to obtain it
- To learn the new features of the software: new ergonomics, extension of products database, updating of regulatory texts: examples of technical solutions
To learn more, consult the training programme.
- Processor: 1 GHz Pentium PC
- Memory: 512 MB
- SVGA screen – Resolution 1,024 x 768
- Windows 2000®
- Windows XP®
- Windows Vista®
- Windows 7®
- Windows 8®
The software is available in French and English.
View case studies with AcouSYS.
See the Validation Booklet